IoT based Freight Train Control System ( IFTCS) – Safe, Scalable and Smart
Private Sidings in India are operated manually and the operations’ staff do not have first-hand information on track occupancy. Poor yard utilisation, inefficient operation and derailments are natural consequences.
Present technologies used by Indian Railways would support one stationary person to view and operate. Such systems are not suitable for private sidings as multiple persons, who are in the move, manage operations.
IoT based Freight Train Control System (IFTCS) is designed and developed to meet railway siding requirements. One of the main requirements of railway siding requirement is decentralisation of control to support multiple operators who could be on the move.IFTCS is completely wireless and all data is stored in the cloud to provide real time information to authorized personnel.
Main Features of IFTCS :
- Flexibility in Operations (Operate when in move)
- Real Time Information to all who could be stationary or in the move – facilitates report generation and decision making.
- Ease of operation
- Modular – easy to scale
- Availability of data in the cloud
- Secure against unauthorised operation using
- login ID and password protection
- Positive proving of point status
- Information to all through Smart hand held devices
- Wireless Operation by authorised persons
- Avoids derailments caused by improper manual point operation in non-interlocked yards
- Improves asset utilisation
- Identify inefficiencies in the system
- Aids decision making process